Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Boss and the BoDeans

Maybe this is common knowledge, but I haven't heard anything about it before. The BoDeans totally ripped off Springsteen's Badlands when they recorded Good Things. (No, not Good Thing, by Fine Young Cannibals. It's the one that goes "No, no, no, don't pass me by/See, I can see good things for you and I.")

I was listening to Darkness on the Edge of Town the other day, and right after the Badlands sax solo there's a bridge/interlude where the song mellows a bit, and Bruce is humming. I immediately was transported to the early 90s, when that BoDeans song was severely overplayed on seemingly every radio station.

Both song are in the key of E, with nearly identical chord progressions, so it makes sense that they sound alike. But I think the BoDeans were listening to Badlands when they wrote the song.

1 Comments:

At 6/15/2006 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

weird. i noticed that Oh Darling (beatles), Skulls (misfits), and Tuesday's Gone (skynyrd) are essentially the same chord progressions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home