Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sunday Ramblings

At some point I'd like to reorganize this blog a little- have a spot for links to interesting things I've come across on the Web, as well as somewhere indicating books, movies, and music I've recently checked out...but that takes work, and I'm not exactly an HTML whiz. In the meantime, I'll just throw that sort of stuff in a random blog entry.

A WHO report finds system fails the poor
This is one of those "No shit, Sherlock" kinds of things. However, in the quest for the almighty profit margin, I can't see the problem actually being addressed.

If you don't read the online comic Achewood, you probably should. I was a little disappointed with how quickly he abandandoned the story arc featuring Keith Moon's head, but maybe he'll return to it. (#1, #2, #3, #4)

I just finished reading Fantasyland, by Sam Walker. Walker's a writer for the Washington Post who went from having never played roto baseball to joining Tout Wars, considered the elite league in the nation. Walker tries to use his clubhouse access to lobby GMs on behalf of his players, dig for insider information, and give his players advice (and official team t-shirts), solely for his fantasy team's gain. It probably wouldn't be of much interest to non-baseball fans, but it's a must-read for anyone who's ever played roto baseball, especially Twins fans. Jacque Jones is featured heavily.

The MN legislature barely approved a stadium bill, which means we'll have outdoor major league baseball here in 2010. I can't friggin' wait! What wasn't very publicized is that the Hennepin County Library system snuck their way onto the bill, and will be getting revenue from the deal. (I have no idea about the specifics.) Oh yeah, the University of Minnesota got a football stadium, too. Of course, they haven't been good since the 60s...

1 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 2:11 PM, Blogger Jon said...

I think Live Journal and TypePad have those options. It just seems like a lot of work to learn a whole new system...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home