Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Moving Blows!

Although I'm very excited to be living in a house again, moving really stinks. Packing up boxes, hauling things up and down flights of stairs- it's no fun. You also realize all the useless crap you own when you move. I suppose moving periodically is a worthwhile thing, if only to force you to get rid of some material possessions.

One of the things I'm really looking forward to in the new place is being able to garden once again. Nothing beats veggies and fruits fresh off the vine. Of course, a good garden requires a lot of work in the spring, so we'll see how motivated I actually am in a month or two...

When I look back at my schedule, I've been booked pretty much solid since before Thanksgiving. The holidays were as busy as usual, and then we had all the last-minute wedding details to work out. As soon as we got back from the honeymoon, we started preparing to move. Whew!

Once I get settled, I'd like to make a point of seeing some live music. I haven't seen anything worthwhile in quite some time. A few local bands I'd like to check out are Cloud Cult, Fort Wilson Riot, tapes 'n tapes, and Zebulon Pike (self-described "doom-laden instrumental stoner metal").

Here are some upcoming shows I might attend:

4/12 Particle- Cabooze
4/14 Big Wu- The Quest
4/15 Dark Star Orchestra- Cabooze
4/15 The Samples- 7th Street Entry
4/17 Burning Spear- First Ave
4/21 Kid Dakota- Nomad
4/29 Spaghetti Western Co.- 400 Bar
4/29 Fort Wilson Riot- Nomad
5/4 Ice Cube- First Ave
5/6 Supersuckers- Cabooze
5/7 King Wilkie- Cedar Cultural Center
5/17 Drive By Truckers- First Ave
5/20 Cloud Cult- Varsity Theater
5/26 Todd Snider- Mayslack's (in a tent?)
5/28 Ol' Yeller- Mayslack's (tent?)
6/3 Walkmen- 400 Bar
6/30 Alice Cooper- Taste of Minnesota

There's no way I'll drop $30 on Ice Cube, but I'm quite serious about Alice Cooper. Soul Asylum is supposed to be playing the Taste as well- nothing beats free music outside (especially when the crowds aren't too bad)...

1 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm currently preparing for my 6th move in 6 years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home