Thursday, April 13, 2006

Boxing Flicks

We watched Cinderella Man the other night. I thought it was a very good movie, but Renee Zelwigger was simply awful! I'm definitely not joining her fan club. There were scenes in the movie that made me feel physically ill because of her "acting."

Definitely worth watching- it's a great story. I guess I'd call it my fifth-favorite boxing movie ever:

1. Raging Bull
2. Rocky
3. Diggstown
4. When We Were Kings
5. Cinderella Man
6. Don King- Only in America
7. Rocky II
8. Ali
9. Rocky III
10. Rocky IV
11. The Champ

88. Million Dollar Baby

When We Were Kings might belong on another list, since it's a documentary. I saw The Champ when I was really young, and all I really remember is that it's very sad. I haven't really seen Rocky III or IV since I was a kid, so maybe I would think they stunk if I saw them today...

3 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's your problem with Million Dollar Baby?

 
At 4/24/2006 11:51 PM, Blogger Jon said...

I'm not sure where to begin. We'll have to talk when I'm in SF.

 
At 5/24/2006 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...I'm a bit behind on this one, but can I say schmaltz. They did leave out a puppy, but other than that - not top 100 boxing movies. Where was Rocky V?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home