Monday, April 10, 2006

Killer Kitchen Tip

Disclaimer: I understand what I'm about to write qualifies as a nerdy. That's OK with me.

One of the coolest things I've learned recently is how to keep cilantro & other herbs fresh. As soon as you get home from the store, you place them into a glass of water (just like a bouquet of flowers).




It's all very logical, but I hadn't heard this tip until very recently. It stays nice and fresh much longer than storing it in a plastic bag. You wash the cilantro, and dry it thoroughly. Then you place it into a glass or jar of water. Then, you cover it with a baggie:










Fresh cilantro for months! (OK, days.) Pretty friggin' cool, eh?

2 Comments:

At 4/13/2006 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's freakin' cool. Nerdy. But cool. You've a good blog happening here.

 
At 4/17/2006 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will this kind of thing occupy my mind if I ever get married?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home