Monday, April 17, 2006

Complements are Nice

Top 5 things library patrons have said to me recently:

1. You're beautiful
2. You're amazing
3. You're perfect
4. You're the man
5. You made my day

If we could only put a tip jar on the reference desk...

The other day, I'm pretty sure I talked to the real-life Grampa Simpson. I can't even remember what his question was, but he told me all about when he was an officer in the navy, and he was the only sailor who knew how to fix a diesel engine. He used to take the jeeps out for joy rides, and the ladies on shore all loved him. He talked about his wife at length. She was "smart as a whip, and had a great figure, to boot. Although she never made lot of money, she was able to save 1/4 million dollars. This went on for 20 minutes. As they say, part-time librarian, part-time bartender.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home